How do I schedule a counselling appointment?
I am happy to provide a 20 minute phone (778.998.9770) consultation before booking a first appointment. I can also be reached by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book appointments or for any questions regarding the services I provide.
When are you available to see clients?
I am currently available for sessions Tuesday afternoons and evenings. If these times don't work for you, please contact me regarding other possible times for sessions.
What are your rates?
- Free initial 20 minute phone consultations available to help determine fit and allow for any questions about what to expect during sessions.
- Individual clients: $120 per 50 minute session, $175 per 75 minute session (sliding scale available)
- Couples: $145 per 60 minute session, $180 per 75 minute session
- I accept payment by cash, cheque, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancelled Sessions – please note that 24 hours notice is required for no charge for cancellation. If less than 24 hours notice is given, then full fee is applied. 24 hours notice for sessions booked on a Monday, or on a date immediately after a holiday, requires cancellation from the same hour on the last business day before the appointment date.
Will my insurance or extended health benefits cover me for counselling?
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC #6913) - this means that my services will often be covered by extended benefits plans. Make sure to check with your benefits provider to determine eligibility.
What is your confidentiality policy?
Everything we talk about in counselling is kept between you and me. In line with industry standards, the only exceptions to this are the following:
- If you were to disclose that a child or vulnerable person is being, or is about to be, abused or neglected
- If you were to disclose your immediate intention to end the life of another person, or your own life
- If you were to become involved in legal proceedings and a court of law were to subpoena your file